I’m so into Masterchef right now!!!
Some of the dishes the contestants have been coming up with are so inventive and look amazing but I just think sometimes, why bother with all that effort.
However there have been a few dishes that I’ve made a mental note to attempt to recreate because they just look fantastic, and one of these is a laksa (a kind of spicy noodle soup)…and I’m so glad I did!!
This is a really easy throw-together meal but the combination of chillies, ginger, garlic and coconut is a total winner.
Pum’s Easy Peasy Prawn Laksa
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 spring onions
- 1 thumb sized piece fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 green chillies
- 1 red chilli
- 2 limes
- 300g raw prawns
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 200ml chicken/veg stock
- 200g dried egg noodles
- large handful coriander
- In a food processor (or nutribullet with a little water), whizzed up 2 cloves garlic, 1 spring onion, half the fresh ginger, 1 green chilli, brown sugar and the juice of 1 lime. Set aside.
- Heated 1 tsp. sesame oil in a large pan and added garlic, 1 spring onion, remaining ginger and green pepper all chopped finely. Cooked for 3 mins then added food processor contents and cooked for further 2 mins.
- Added the coconut milk, stock and a generous amount of salt and black pepper and cooked down for 15 mins.
- In a separate pan added the remaining oil and cooked the prawns until pink and in a separate pot cooked the egg noodled for 5 mins until soft.
- Added prawns and drained noodles to laksa sauce.
- Served with red chilli, remaining spring onions and coriander all chopped and sprinkled over with a fresh squeeze of lime.
Really warming and delicious, I’ll definitely be keeping this one in my back pocket for a quick meal for 1 or entertaining.