I love banana bread…how easy and quick it is to make, the smell that fills the kitchen while it’s baking and most of all the subtly sweet moreish taste.
I’ve tried a few different recipes for banana bread and when making it in a loaf tin I stick with the classic recipe with no additions to produce a lovely banana bread. However if I want something more cake-like I’ll use my yoghurt banana cake recipe to give a really moist, chewy, cakey finish.
Pum’s Yummy Yoghurt Banana Cake
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- coconut oil for baking dish
- Whisked the egg in a mixing bowl and added mashed bananas, greek yoghurt, brown sugar and ground ginger.
- Mixed in the flour and baking powder (just until combined, don’t over-mix!).
- Greased a baking dish/cake tin with coconut oil and added the mixture.
- Baked in oven for 20-30 mins until cooked evenly (keep an eye on the top becoming firm and check a tooth pick comes out clean from the middle).
- Leave to cool before serving plain (with a nice cup of tea) or with a thin spread of peanut butter and drizzle of honey, as pictured.
I like to add just a sprinkling of brown sugar before going into the oven, cheeky addition but makes for a lovely topping!
Mmmmm perfect for a lazy weekend afternoon!