What did the cheese say when it looked in the mirror?
…Halloumi (hello me)
I do love a cheese joke I do!
And I also love halloumi cheese and I think in moderation it is a great addition to a healthy diet. Providing a good amount of protein and calcium I don’t think that cheese should be forbidden when trying to lose weight, just used more cleverly.
These burgers, using lean turkey breast, are super quick and so tasty mainly due to the delicious grilled halloumi topping!
Pum’s Grilled Hallloumi Turkey Burgers
- 1 turkey breast (either bought suitable for grilling or flattened slightly to reduce cooking time)
- 2 generous slices of halloumi cheese
- 1 wholemeal roll
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tomato
- Salt and black pepper
- Laid the turkey breast and halloumi on a grill tray and coat with a little salt and plenty black pepper.
- Grilled the turkey and halloumi cheese under the grill for 8 minutes, turned turkey breast and halloumi half way through cooking.
- Sliced and toasted the roll (spread with a little butter or mayo if desired).
- Assembled the spinach and sliced tomato on the roll and topped with turkey breast and finally the grilled halloumi.
I added a little shake of sriracha sauce for a fiery kick. This burger was so tasty and in my mind pretty guilt free!!