Very much inspired by the green sauce recipe I blogged about here I thought I’d try my own version with a few tweaks…
- I am NOT a fan of parsley and can take of leave coriander so I made the swap out of these in replace of the much yummier basil.
- I don’t like my dressings too oily (I find if I put an oily dressing on a salad for lunch the oil just gets everywhere by the time I come to eat it) so I used a greater water to oil ratio.
- I used brazil nuts instead of pistachios, but I imagine both would work out great for this.
- I increased the quantity of garlic to intensify the flavours.
Pum’s Amazing Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- 1 green chili pepper deseeded
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- good pinch of salt and black pepper
- Blended together all ingredients until smooth.
Depending on whether you’re using a food processor or a blender you may need to add a little more water or oil to help it along. I actually used my Nutribullet for this (if you plan to do this add the water gradually between go’s and make sure anything at the top has made it’s way to the bottom for a smooth consistency).
Don’t forget to taste as you go and don’t be afraid to add more of whatever you like to get it just right for you!
I’ve been enjoying this along with my lunches and dinners and planning to have some stuffed into a baked sweet potato tonight, mmmm!
The above roast chicken and potatoes were SO DELICIOUS, will be doing a recipe post shortly!
This is definitely helping me get out of my soup rut!