For certain health reasons it may be that you cannot or choose not to eat grains, but this doesn’t mean that you have to forgo a bowl of ‘cereal’ and milk for breakfast.
Simply mixing nuts, seeds, dried fruit and frozen fruit and serving with milk gives a healthy, delicious bowl of breakfast crunch that will keep you happy and satisfied.
I also love with this combination that the frozen berries turn the milk a pretty purple colour! I’m just a big kid really…
Pum’s Nutty But Nice, No Grain ‘Cereal’
- Small handful each of 3 types of nuts (I use brazil nuts, walnuts, pecans, cashews, almonds and pistachios)
- 2 tbsp. seeds (I use sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbsp. dried fruit (I use dried cranberries and raisins)
- Small handful frozen berries (I use mixed forest fruits)
- 1/2 cup of your favourite milk (I use almond milk)
- Combined the nuts, seeds and dried fruits and mixed well.
- Poured desired quantity into a bowl and save the rest in an airtight container.
- Topped the nuts and seeds with frozen fruit and poured over the milk.
- Left for 1 minute to thaw slightly and tucked in.
Nutty, berry goodness!