I love cashew butter (as with all nutbutters) but the best thing about this recipe has to be the crunchy coconut topping of nuts and seeds.
This is such a delicious way to vary up your morning oats bowls and takes the same length of time to prepare. We all know nuts are excellent for heart-health so if you don’t normally snack on nuts give this a go, it’s good for you!
Pum’s Crunchy Coconut Cashew Oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup of your favourite milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Small handful cashews
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp. oats
- 1 tsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. cashew butter
- Combined the oats, water and milk in a pan over medium heat and stirred for 5 minutes until thick and porridge-like.
- Meanwhile in a small pan added the coconut oil, desiccated coconut, nuts and seeds and tossed regularly over a medium heat to toast (careful not to burn).
- When the oats were ready topped with cashew butter and crunchy topping.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!