At the weekend I went out for dinner with my best friends to celebrate one of their birthday’s. The meal we had was soooo good and I knew as soon as it was served I’d be recreating it at home.
As I have such a sweet tooth I looked at the dessert menu first and immediately knew I wanted to be bad and have the sticky toffee pudding, so that helped me opt for a healthier main course in the form of the stuffed sweet potato.
The restaurant’s sweet potato was huge and stuffed with cashews, fresh ginger, chillies, broccoli and crème fraiche…it was so delicious! Using this as inspiration I’ve come up with my own version that is bloomin’ tasty if I do say so myself…
Pum’s Cashew Ginger Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup cashews
- Thumb-sized piece fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Other veggies for serving (I used asparagus but broccoli would be great too)
- Roasted the sweet potatoes in the oven for 30 mins.
- After 20 mins added your veg of choice (asparagus) to an oven dish with 1 tsp. coconut oil and some salt and pepper and roast for 10 mins.
- In a small pan add 1 tsp. coconut oil, 1 tsp. chilli, fresh ginger chopped finely and the cashews and heat for 5 mins until the flavours infuse.
- When the sweet potatoes and veg are ready top with the pan’s contents and 1 tsp. dried chilli.
Who’d have thought this flavour combination was such a winner. I can’t wait to try as a topping on different veggies soon!