This genuinely has to be one of the best things I’ve made for dinner, these wraps are just so delicious. I got the inspiration for this recipe from my friend Kirsty when she suggested making these wraps for dinner when we were in Belfast, thanks Steeley, and I knew I had to recreate for myself with a few tweaks.
Confession time, the secret ingredient in these wraps is not good for you…but used in moderation I don’t think is too bad plus it adds such a great taste that I can’t replicate on my own so it’s completely worth it in my books. So I use a shop bought smoky BBQ fajita spice mix which does have sugar and various additives so not exactly clean eating…however I only use 1/3 of the recommended amount and top up with smoked paprika and the taste is 100% not compromised.
Jam-packed full of sweet potato, aubergine and red peppers (all great veggies) and with a little crumbling of feta this is still a super light dish. Wholewheat wraps are definitely a must!
Pum’s Super Smoky Veggie Feta Wraps
- wholewheat wraps
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 aubergines
- 3 red peppers
- 1/3 packet smoky bbq fajita spice mix (save the rest for the next time you make this!)
- 3 tsp. smoked paprika
- feta cheese (4 cubes per wrap)
- 3 tbsp. + 1tsp. coconut oil
- Chopped veg into large chunks and added to a roasting pan with the coconut oil.
- Roasted in the oven for 20 mins mixing every 5 mins.
- After 20 mins added the smoked paprika and spice mix and stirred well putting back in the oven for 20 mins.
- When the veg was tender, put a pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp. coconut oil. Added 1 wrap and half filled with veg and 4 cubes feta. Folded and toasted on each side for 2 mins until slightly crisp but not burnt.
This was made for my Sunday dinner and there’s enough left over for 3 lunch portions so I’m planning on doing 1 more veggie wrap (already had today, my lunch game was soooo good), 1 salad with rocket and the veggies and another salad with avocado and the remaining veggies…can’t wait!