I’ve has this soup for lunch twice this week already and loving it! I did a bit of a food-prep-Sunday which really sets me up for a healthy week, it definitely is worth the time spent.
This soup is just lovely and the addition of the red lentils makes it more filling than most of my other veggie-only soups, which I find really comforting as the sky gets duller and the weather changes. I find I snack less in the afternoon having this as opposed to a salad and I’m still getting my veggies in plus the lentils provide always-beneficial fibre and protein!
Pum’s Warming Red Lentil and Butternut Squash Soup
- 125g red lentils
- 1 large butternut squash
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- Cut butternut squash lengthways and scooped out pulp. Roasted in oven for 45mins-1hr until tender.
- Rinsed the red lentils and added to a large pot with the vegetable stock, stirred and simmered while the butternut squash roasted.
- When butternut squash ready, chopped into large chunks and added to a blender with 2/3 of the lentils/stock mix and whizzed up.
- Combined with the remaining lentils/stock (to leave some nice texture from the lentils) and stirred well to mix through.
- Served with freshly ground black pepper.
Despite this being soup made for the week I also just had to have a bowl as soon as it was ready of course…