Chocolate and forest fruits make such a delicious combination (hence the popular black forest gateau) and I’ve found a way to capture this flavour in a healthy smoothie packed with protein.
I don’t use protein powders a lot but I like to have some on hand as a quick post-gym snack if I’ve run low on fruit or nuts or to add some extra protein to my breakfasts.
The buckwheat and chia seeds added make this wonderfully thick and filling!
Pum’s Black Forest Protein Smoothie
- 1/4 cup buckwheat
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen forest fruits (cherries, blackberries etc.)
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder
- Overnight soaked the buckwheat and chia seeds in water.
- In the morning sieved and rinsed the buckwheat/chia seed mix and added to a blender with the protein powder and frozen fruits.
- Topped up with water and whizzed up (you can add additional water to reach desired consistency).
This makes a large serving so I suggest splitting and having for breakfast and then later in the day as a post-workout protein boost.