I’m back on the healthy track this week so decided to make a lighter dinner for tonight. That doesn’t compromise taste though as this simple salad has the wonderful flavour of one of my favourite fruits mango paired with a little kick of chilli.
Quinoa, as I’ve mentioned before, is a complete protein and is naturally gluten-free (I don’t go by a gluten-free diet but it’s useful to know or for anyone who is).
Pum’s Edamame Quinoa Salad with Chilli Mango
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- Combined quinoa and stock over a low heat and cooked for 20 mins stirring occasionally.
- Steam or microwave edamame beans for 5 mins.
- When quinoa cooked mix up with the edamame beans, cubed mango and chilli flakes.
I love a colourful plate and feel all the better for eating this!