I’ve been sticking with soup for lunch this week and loving this super easy recipe!
The trick with any vegetable soup, in my opinion, if you’re wanting to make it taste indulgently thick and creamy (but without the cream) is simply to increase the veg to water ratio and blitz in a blender until very smooth.
So for this recipe I’ve used a heapload of celery, but very little stock. As we all know, celery is a very low cal veg so I say have as much as you like to get the consistency you wish. The celeriac also adds thickness and helps with the smooth texture.
Pum’s Celery Celeriac Soup
- 3 bags celery (yes 3!)
- 1 celeriac
- 200ml veg stock (can increase this or top up with water if consistency not right for you)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Quartered and roasted the celeriac in an oven for 1 hr until really tender.
- Chopped celery and added to a large pan with the olive oil over a low heat for 20 mins, stirred regularly.
- When celeriac done added to the pan with the apple cider vinegar and stock and left to simmer for 30 mins.
- Added a generous amount of salt and black pepper (to taste) and whizzed up in a blender until smooth.
I looked forward to having this at lunch this week and I’m happy knowing there are a few portions of this waiting for me in the freezer!