I’m having an amazing porridge week this week. I just keep coming up with winning combinations!
I bought a butternut squash with the view to making another batch of my delicious Chai Butternut to have with yoghurt for breakfast, but when I started making this is took a slightly different direction and I ended up with my new favourite way to have veggies for breakfast…
See my recipe for the Chia Butternut here:
Pum’s Cinnamon Butternut Squash Porridge
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup porridge oats (I used jumbo oats to give more texture)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- The night before halved and roasted the butternut squash in the oven for 1 hour until very tender.
- Blitzed the butternut in a blender on a low level with a splash of boiled water, the coconut oil and 1 tsp. cinnamon until smooth-ish but leaving some texture. Divided into 3 portions, froze 2 for later and refrigerated 1.
- Combined the oats, milk and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a bowl and soaked overnight.
- In the morning combined the butternut and the oats mixture in a pan over a medium heat until warmed through.
This was so tasty and very filling. It definitely gave me enough energy to last through my lunchtime gym classes.
Butternut squash is a great veg bursting with vitamin A which is a bonus for skin and eye health. So starting your day with one of these sounds like a good idea to me!