While I do eat a lot of vegetarian and vegan meals and love them, I do enjoy cooking meat for myself once in a while. I tend to do this on a Sunday to have a nice end-of-weekend dinner, leaving lots of leftovers for meals during the week.
You can’t beat a good steak simply cooked well however sometimes pairing beef with spice really brings the magic. I love this beef stew and when I say it’s tasty I dp mean it. The tomatoes turn sweet with the coconut, cinnamon and maple syrup and compliments the flavours of the rice really well (this is also my favourite way to eat brown rice by the way!).
Pum’s Tasty Beef Stew with Coconut Lime Rice
- 400g diced beef
- 1 large aubergine
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- Large handful baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- In a large pot added the coconut oil over a medium heat and seared the beef for 1-2 mins.
- Added the aubergine and tomatoes (chopped into large chunks) and stirred through for a further 1 minute.
- Added the coconut milk, chopped tomatoes, cinnamon, maple syrup and a generous pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Stirred well and left to simmer for 20-30 mins.
- Meanwhile cooked the brown rice according to packed instructions. When ready added the juice of 1 lime and the coconut.
- Stirred spinach into the beef stew for 1-2 mins (just long enough to wilt) and served the stew along with the coconut lime rice.
I feel I may be going for seconds…