I’m getting much better with my self-control these days. My last batch of coffee date cookies lasted weeks! I bought some tahini with the view to making dressings for salads (which I’m sure we’ll come to) but ended up making more healthy dessert bites to satisfy my after-dinner cravings.
If you don’t know, tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds and has the consistency similar to smooth nut butters. It’s another great source of protein as well as calcium and is meant to promote healthy skin and muscle tone…all good stuff!
This is a super easy recipe that’s so quick and doesn’t involve any cooking whatsoever.
Pum’s Cacao Coconut Tahini Bites
- 1 heaped tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- powdered cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg (1/2 tbsp. each)
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch salt
- Combined dry ingredients in a large bowl and stirred well to mix.
- Added tahini, syrup and water slowly to combine.
- Shaped into balls and set in fridge.
Definitely enjoy these bad boys chilled!