One of my dinners this week was too good not to share, and so easy!
Continuing my love affair with smoked paprika I rustled up another dish with this as my key ingredient.
Pum’s Garlic Prawns with Smoky Aubergine and Sweet Potato
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 aubergine, skin on but chopped into cubes
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 200g cooked and peeled king prawns
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika and extra for garnish
- 1 lime (halved)
- 1 squeeze of honey
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- Splash of olive oil
- Chilli flakes (as much or as little as your taste buds can handle!)
- Over a low heat combine the coconut oil, juice of half lime, honey and smoked paprika.
- Coat the veg with this in a roasting tray and put in the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring regularly.
- After 20 minutes, over a low heat add olive oil, crushed garlic, king prawns and a couple of shakes of chilli flakes to a pan (I use a wok).
- Let the prawns warm through but don’t let the garlic burn.
- When the veg is soft and squishy (or the texture you prefer) bring out the oven and dish up on a plate. Top with the prawns, a few more shakes of smoked paprika, juice of the other half lime and more chilli flakes if desired.
This dish was much more filling than I expected (I might just use half the aubergine next time) and I can’t wait to try with different vegetable combinations!