Breakfast food is bloomin’ lovely don’t you think? I try to make an effort with my breakfast all through the week but really look forward to the weekend where I can take my time and enjoy the cooking and most importantly the eating!
A few lazy Sundays ago I went all out and whipped up some of my Blueberry Almond Coconut pancakes. I wasn’t disappointed.
Pum’s Blueberry Almond Coconut Pancakes
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. ground almonds
- 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- generous shake of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries (I use frozen for convenience)
- Coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Add coconut oil to pan over a low-medium heat.
- Pour batter into the pan for desired pancake size.
- Cook on each side until browned..
Again with most of my favourite recipes this one is really easy to change up. Swap the coconut for protein powder if you’re after a high protein breakfast or cacao powder for something richer; substitute raspberries for blueberries; and definitely play around with toppings (you can’t go wrong with the classic maple syrup on this one but try honey, agave syrup, greek yoghurt or nut butters to vary it up each time). Serve with tea or coffee and Netflix!