I’m really into my teas at the moment, like seriously into them. A quick peek into my cupboards will reveal this…
…and that doesn’t include my tea drawer in work!
My favourites right now are
Gingerbread Green Tea (Twinings)
This really does smell like fresh baked gingerbread! The taste is more like a ginger tea but I’m really loving having this in the afternoon as a little pick-me-up.
Apple and Cinnamon (Tesco)
The smell of this tea brings me right back to my childhood and our holidays in Florida where one of my favourite cereals there was Apple and Cinnamon Cheerios. If you like cinnamon this is a winner for you!
Feijoa (sent from keeks in New Zealand)
Feijoa tea is a new addition to my collection and was sent all the way from New Zealand from my big sister keeks. The taste is incredibly difficult to describe except for ohmygoodness YUM! It’s a little like grape(?) but better oh so much better!
On a daily basis I have at least 4 or 5 cups of tea and I prefer certain kinds at different points in the day.
- Green tea – plain I’ll have in the morning but flavoured I’ll have in the afternoon (loaded with antioxidants, green tea can help improve metabolism and can aid weight loss)
- Peppermint tea – after lunch (great for digestion)
- Lemon and Ginger – with dinner (another one good for digestion)
- Fruit teas (Apple and Cinnamon, Feijoa) – after dinner in the evening (I try to keep to no caffeine after dinner)
- Camomile – before bed (very relaxing and lovely with honey)
I think drinking tea is a great way to stay hydrated and get some extra benefits and nutrients on top of just drinking water (which I drink a lot of anyway). It also helps me relax and really just feel good.