I love smoothies and regularly try to incorporate them into my meal planning for breakfast at least a couple of times a week. There are some mornings I prefer more of a fruity juice-type smoothie and there are others where I’m so hungry I definitely want something more substantial. This is where I turn to my hungry smoothie.
Pum’s Hungry Smoothie
- 1 avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cooked beetroot
- 2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach (uncooked)
- 1 orange
- approx. 10 frozen blueberries
- approx. 10 frozen cherries
- Chop up fruit into small chunks.
- Add all ingredients to blender and whizz up.
- Add water to reach desired consistency (I like to keep this one quite thick).
This makes 2 large portions so I always have this over a couple of days.
What I love about this smoothie is that you get an equal distribution of fruit and veggies without compromising on sweetness.