This week I tried another recipe from ‘The Art of Eating Well’ by Hemsley and Hemsley. As soon as I read the title “Chia Chai Butternut Breakfast Pudding” I knew this would be right up my street.
You can check out the full recipe at the link here (but I thoroughly recommend purchasing the book, it’s so good!): http://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/chia-chai-butternut-breakfast-pudding
Hemsley and Hemsley’s Chia Chai Butternut Breakfast Pudding (Pum’s version)
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 chai teabags
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds (I used black because that’s what I had but they recommend white as it maintains the orange colour from the butternut squash much better)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Greek yoghurt
- Cashew butter (or your favourite nut butter)
- Roast the butternut squash in the oven for 40–50 minutes until completely cooked. Scoop out the flesh and mash up.
- Add 350 ml water to the mashed squash and mix in along with the coconut oil and the contents of the tea bags and simmer over a low heat.
- Take off the heat and stir in the chia seeds and honey. Leave for 30 mins to thicken up.
- Mix some greek yoghurt and a couple tsp. of cashew butter well. Layer with the chai butternut and enjoy!
This was seriously yummy and I really looked forward to having this for my breakfast. You could easily make it a touch sweeter and enjoy for dessert too!