Ok so the title of this post is a bit cheeky but I have been treated to 2 amazing meals this week that I really wanted to share.
On Monday my best friend Viviana came round to book our London trip to celebrate 20 years of friendship (Harry Potter studio tour here we come!) and also to cook me a meal to thank me for treating her to the Taylor Swift concert. For the record after this meal you’re very welcome!
She knows I’m trying to be good so whipped up an incredibly tasty, healthy 2 course dinner for me.
Vivi’s Thai pomegranate salad
- Iceberg lettuce
- Meat of choice (she used pork but duck would go lovely too)
- Thai chilli paste
- Juice of 2 limes
- Olive oil
- In a large salad bowl combine the watercress, spinach and iceberg lettuce.
- Cut the cucumber into thin strips and add to the salad along with the cooked meat pulled apart into strips.
- Combine the chilli paste and lime and add the olive oil slowly until it reaches your preferred consistency (add a little salt and pepper to taste).
- Dress the salad and toss to coat evenly and sprinkle with pomegranate.
Vivi’s sesame chicken with noodles
- Chicken (leg or breast) cut into chunks and skewered
- Dark soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Whole-wheat noodles of choice
- Spring onions
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil and honey and use half the mixture to coat the chicken and marinade. Leave for at least 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill until cooked through (test so not pink inside).
- Cook the noodles in water, drain and toss with a little soy sauce.
- Chop the spring onions finely and mix with the second half of the marinade over a low heat.
- Serve the skewers over the noodles and pour the remaining marinade over sprinkling with sesame seeds.
Such a delicious and easy meal I’ll definitely be repeating myself soon!
Then onto tonight I paid my mum and stepdad a visit and was treated again to a lovely meal. My mum’s cooking is always good but tonight’s was especially yummy and deserved a post.
She cooked a version of the courgetti puttanesca from the Hemsley sisters. Visit their blog here: http://www.hemsleyandhemsley.com/
This recipe requires a spiralizer which I didn’t have until I’ve tasted this. Just ordered mine from amazon so watch this space for more spiralized ideas!
Feeling completely satisfied and relaxed I’m now going to chill out with the doggies.